When connecting to Beams Mobile, you get an error mentioning Connection Timed Out.
- There is a problem with your mobile device communicating with the computer Beams Mobile Server is running on.
This can be caused by a number of issues, each with different solutions. This error is generally not an issue with Beams, it is most commonly an issue with the path between Beams Mobile and the Beams Mobile Server.
- Check to see if the service is running on the Beams Mobile Server. To do this, open Task Manager on the server and go to the Services tab. Find BEAMS in the list and check if it’s “Running” or “Stopped”. If it’s stopped, right-click and click Start. If it keeps stopping, give us a call and we should be able to help.
- Make sure you have the correct server settings on the device. You can check this by tapping the “i” button on the login screen.
- Ensure all port forward settings are correct. See this article for more information: KB43: Setting up BEAMS Mobile
- Check firewalls on the Beams Mobile Server. There may be something blocking communication.